Thursday 24 April 2014

A-Z Simple Living: U = Upcycle


Upcycling is the reuse of discarded objects or material in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original. Rather than bore you with heaps of theory today, I thought I would just share some images of cute and clever upcycling ideas I found on Pinterest:


Image Source


Image Source

Image Source


Source Unknown


Image Source


Image Source

Image Source


Image Source

Image Source


Image Source
So, there are no limits to upcycling, just as there are no limits to one's imagination. I certainly have a few (well, more than a few) wine bottles that could be put to good use... and I love the idea for the pot rack. I have actually seen one using a bike wheel before, and I just happen to have one of those...now I just need a handyman :)

Have you upcycled anything of note? I would love to hear of any ideas. I mainly re-use items but haven't got really creative yet, unless you count the use of old metal bedheads (my boys tend to break beds) as trellis for my beans.









Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...